The Objectives are to ensure you are prepared to prosper in the next bear market (or downturn).
Specifically, you will:
- Study in-depth the concept of a bear market.
- Learn what a bear market truly is and learn several ways to define and measure the bear market type.
- Know when a bear market type might be starting and how to know when it might end.
- Learn several different trading strategies suited for bear market conditions.
- Learn how options and hedging can be especially useful for bear market types.
This home study course will help you:
- Outline a big picture view of bear markets and where we may be now – from a big picture, historic viewpoint.
- Identify and define bear markets using various methodologies.
- Understand the psychology of bear markets and the personal psychology required for you to benefit from them
- Study first-hand trading experiences of bear markets from 1987;1998; 2000; 2008; Japan’s lost decade in the 90s, Oil, 2014-2015
- Understand basic options strategies useful in bear markets
- Understand some basic hedging strategies
- Understand how to be prepared to trade bear markets
- Create a Systems development process plan
- Outline your objectives for bear markets
- Create Position Sizing Strategies for bear markets